Dear all,

I am very pleased to announce the open source release of our SiteStory
transactional web archiving solution. The solution is compatible with
the Memento "Time Travel for the Web" framework and its current
implementation can be used to archive Apache web servers.

Information about SiteStory is available via
http://mementoweb.github.com/SiteStory/ and the code is accessible via
https://github.com/mementoweb/SiteStory. A Google group dedicated to
discussions pertaining to SiteStory is at
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sitestory. Please give the
software a try and share feedback on the list.

Information about transactional web archiving is available via
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_archiving#Transactional_archiving and
http://ausweb.scu.edu.au/aw03/papers/fitch/.

The development of SiteStory was a significant endeavor and
acknowledgment of the following contributors is appropriate:
(*) Luydmilla Balakireva of the Prototyping Team of the LANL Research
Library for the actual SiteStory development;
(*) Robert Sanderson, Harihar Shankar, Martin Klein, and Herbert Van
de Sompel of the Prototyping Team of the LANL Research Library for
architectural guidance;
(*) Michael L. Nelson and Justin Brunelle of the Web Science and
Digital Library Research Group at Old Dominion University for input
and early testing;
(*) Patrick Hochstenbach of the Ghent University Library and Dirk
Roorda of DANS for early testing;
(*) The Library of Congress for supporting the development.

Kind regards

Herbert Van de Sompel
Team Leader, Prototyping Team, LANL Research Library

--
Herbert Van de Sompel
Digital Library Research & Prototyping