We recently wrapped up a project to develop a set of components for SEASR
to do TEI analysis[1].  There are a couple of ways to call SEASR flows -
you can either use ZigZag[2] to script flow construction & execution, or
you can set up a flow as a web service using their web service endpoint
components.  We never got the latter approach to work reliably in a
production environment, so YMMV.

[1]http://teicomponents.wordpress.com/
[2]http://seasr.org/meandre/documentation/for-developers/zigzag/

--