VPN does what EZProxy does already -- make web access appear to come
from an on-campus address -- but for ALL web access, not just access
that follows links from your web pages using EZProxy. This assumes
outgoing traffic from users using the VPN will be on an IP address
recognized as 'licensed' by your vendors, which it typically is.

If people are using VPN's and happy with it, that's actually a MORE
reliable solution than EZProxy. Rather than tell them to turn off your
VPN, I would ensure you have EZProxy configured not to interfere with
it, if possible.  If they are on a VPN, and then ALSO go through
EZProxy... it should _work_, but it'll hurt performance, as all traffic
is effectively being sent through two proxies, for no reason. You should
instead configure your EZProxy so when a client is on an IP Address
recognized as the VPN, EZProxy simply redirects without proxying instead
of double-proxying the traffic.