The traditional Unix tool for this job is procmail[1].  You can configure it to process all incoming mail in an account with a shell script -- decoding the attachment and saving it to a file would be very easy to do, assuming the server is also a FTP or web server.  Of course, the script could also just decode the attachment and load it directly into MySQL.

1. http://partmaps.org/era/procmail/mini-faq.html#rtfm

-Esme
--
Esme Cowles <[log in to unmask]>

"I don't need to be forgiven." -- The Who, Baba O'Reilly