Long-time lurker here. Just chiming in to say that I think the idea of
mentorship is great.

Currently, I'm in a position (content editor for a database aggregator)
somewhat outside my education and previous experience, and one that
unfortunately, does not offer any opportunities for the kind of coding and
back-end database work that I would like to do. In the past, I've worked in
archives and libraries, most recently in a digital collections department,
so I was able to get my feet wet in some tech-y stuff and developed a
curiosity about what else was out there. Because it has zero to do with my
current job, and I don't really have the discretionary cash, I won't be
able to attend the conference, but the pre-conference lineup really piqued
my interest. Hopefully, I'll be able to re-enter the library world soon and
be a little more active in this community. At that time, the possibility of
having someone to go to for a little guidance would be very appealing. In
the meantime, I lurk, gather ideas, and do some self-directed study. :)