Adobe Connect's academic pricing isn't too prohibitive on a per-host
session.

If you're looking at just straight streaming and don't mind codeing red5 is
a pretty decent flash streaming server.

Ustream and their more commercial Watershed offering is pretty nice and the
production software makes it pretty easy to switch between sources
(desktop, webcam, etc). The service charges per attendee minute, so if you
expect a lot of traffic, this may start to get pricy. You do have the
advantage us reusing their CDN though.

If you have the bandwidth and expect a lot of traffic, Wowza has a nice
on-site server that can host a fairly decent number of connections.