Steven,

EZProxy has some very good tools for controlling access, limiting how
many connections each user can make, and how much data they can download
in a given period, etc.

You can start with the UsageLimit command:
http://www.oclc.org/us/en/support/documentation/ezproxy/cfg/usagelimit/
see also
http://www.oclc.org/us/en/support/documentation/ezproxy/example/securing.htm
and
http://www.oclc.org/us/en/support/documentation/ezproxy/cfg/audit/

You may also want to join the EZProxy discussion list:
http://www.oclc.org/support/documentation/ezproxy/list.htm

-Ed

- - - - -
Edward F Spodick, IT and Services Infrastructure Manager
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library
[log in to unmask]   tel:852-2358-6743  fax:852-2358-1043