This is an area where the code4lib community can have a huge impact. Conversely, if the Code4lib community doesn't have a big impact, we're in trouble.

I urge everyone to have a look at the OS projects that SourceFabric is involved in. In particular, BookType is a django web app that lets people collaboratively produce EPUB ebooks. If you want to implement a community ebook publishing platform, this is what you want to hop onto.

I'm really glad to see Henru-Damien looking at this, I think he could use help!

Eric