On 18/12/12 10:20, Kyle Banerjee wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> Just wondering who might be willing to share what kind of stats they
> produce to justify their continued existence? Of course we do the normal
> (web activity, items and metadata records created, stuff scanned, etc), but
> I'm trying to wrap my mind around ways to describe work where there's not a
> built in assumption that more is better.

I recently gave a seven minute rant at NDF about what statistics we
aren't collecting. The video requires silverlight, alas:

http://webcast.gigtv.com.au/Mediasite/Catalog/catalogs/NDF/ (second
page, 'Lightning talks Session 2')

Capsule summary: we claim to value user engagement. Making that claim
and then failing to attempt to measure it is unprofessional.

cheers
stuart
--
Stuart Yeates