Location: Newton Park, Bath

Line Manager: Deputy Director (Electronic Services)

Salary: £24,520 - £29,249 per annum

Contract: Permanent

Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week

Ref: 12/12/1791

Closing date: 12 noon GMT, 2 January 2013

Interview date: 24 January 2013

**About us**
Bath Spa University's vision is to be a leading educational institution in
creativity, culture and enterprise. With innovative teaching and learning,
focussed research excellence and state-of-the-art facilities, we put our
students at the very centre of all we do. We offer you the best of everything.
We're a modern, forward-thinking university based in a city steeped in
heritage. We offer a tranquil working environment that's full of people with
energy. And we combine a focus on transforming the lives of
our students with a commitment to developing the careers of our
staff.

The Library team support teaching, learning and research throughout the
University, in collaboration with staff and students. We provide information
resources in a range of formats, environments that facilitate study and
learning in a variety of ways, and support for the development of information
literacy to enable students make the best use of learning
resources.

**About the role**
Responsible for the day-to-day administration and maintenance of the
University's electronic resources and management systems including the LMS,
Symphony from SirsiDynix, you will be expected to manage EZproxy, OpenAthens
and other authentication matters. You'll also assist in the development of the
discovery service and the University's institutional repository, and improve
access to all electronic resources.

Contributing to strategic planning, policy development and objective setting
for the Library Service, you'll establish and maintain effective working
relationships across the University. A
key function will be to contribute to promoting the Library's services through
developing the LIS webpages, managing the Library's social media presence, and
analysing statistics on usage of the electronic resources.

**About you**
We are ideally looking for a Chartered Librarian with a first degree or above
in a Library and Information Science related discipline.
You should have a minimum of two years' professional experience in a library
and/or information environment, and have good technical knowledge of LMS
functions, electronic information services and web-based technologies.

With excellent customer service and ICT skills, you will be a strong
communicator and have the ability to work on your own initiative or as part of
team. A committed professional with an analytical approach
to problem solving, you will also have a positive approach to change and
development.

For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact Alison Baud,
Director of Library and Information Services, on 01225 875634 or

**How to apply**
Further details and application forms are available the university
website.

Our jobs are like our courses: open to all

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5083/