While we are not yet using this functionality....Ex Libris' Alma has
workflows and capabilities built in for managing database trials and then
hooking into the purchasing/ordering side of things. It's been a while
since I saw the demo.....mileage may vary. However I do think it is
structurally sound thinking that these things could be part of the
integrated toolkit as Edward suggests with ERM's.

--
Jimmy Ghaphery
Head, Library Information Systems