"Speak up" only works if the speaker is treated with respect. If,
instead, the speaker is assailed with a litany of "you shouldn't think
that" and "you're spoiling our fun", then I doubt if you will get many
speakers.

There needs to be a procedure for dealing with "speaking up" that
doesn't resemble a public drubbing. Until that is added into the policy,
the policy itself is a false promise and likely to make things worse for
anyone speaking up, rather than better.

kc

--
Karen Coyle