On Jan 7, 2013, at 7:25 AM, MJ Ray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> dre wrote:
>> There's a sign-in button at the upper right of the voting page. This uses
>> your code4lib.org username and password (not your wiki user/pass).
>>
>> Once you're logged in you should see the voting options.
>
> Thanks for the email.  Now I've got a code4lib.org username, I tried
> to log in.  I had to enable javascript to get the vote site to work at all.
> It should at least mention that (fortunately, my organisation lets me
> enable javascript for specific sites) and ideally it should be allowed
> to vote without it, because some libraries are really locked down.

I am skeptical of this claim.

In 2013, if organizations are disabling javascript, tremendous parts of the web are broken for them.

That said, the diebold-o-tron is FLOSS (http://code.google.com/p/conferencekeeper/source/checkout - currently running from the 'diebold' branch), so patches welcome if you have the inclination to submit a non-js dependent version.

-Ross.