As someone that's had to fight with maintaining a Jira system for the last 6
years, I'm going to have to steer people away from it. It's a giant pain in
the ass (in my experience).

If you go with Jira, at the very least, go with a hosted solution. You don't
want Jira's blood on your hands. It smells bad. And it glows green.

-Sean