Assessment & Research Librarian - Library Services Division

Job Number: 12364

Are you a Trailblazer?

What do you want to be today? Edmonton Public Library is looking for an
outgoing and creative Trailblazer to join our team! This is an exciting
opportunity for an enthusiastic Assessment & Research Librarian who is
passionate about evaluation and statistics, library customers, and working
with the library's staff and leadership in a challenging and fast-paced
environment.

You will help to coordinate, plan, develop and deliver EPL's assessment
program, working with the Manager, Assessment and Research and Team Chairs to
identify assessment needs and ensure that EPL's assessment program supports
customer service improvements and reporting requirements. You will also design
and deploy quantitative and qualitative data-gathering instruments and work to
inform evidence-based implementation of service improvements at EPL.

What we're looking for:

At EPL our mission is simple: we share! This position requires an energetic,
creative thinker who wants to make a very real difference for this
organization. You will evaluate and explore the many and
various dimensions of the library, seeking to understand and working to
improve like none before!

Qualifications:

* Master of Library & Information Studies degree, or equivalent, from ALA-accredited institution is required.
* At least one year's experience working with a range of qualitative and quantitative (incl. statistical)evaluation methods and methodologies as a project lead.

What do you need to bring to this position?

* A personal commitment to upholding the Canadian Library Association's position statements on Intellectual Freedom and Diversity and Inclusion. http://www.cla.ca/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Position_Statements
* Ability to assess community interests and needs, and to plan services accordingly, in keeping with the Library's strategic directions and business plan.
* Ability to analyze and interpret how technological, demographic, and other trends will impact library services.
* An understanding of and experience with quantitative and qualitative assessment methodologies, including the ability to utilize statistical, qualitative analysis, and data visualization software.
* Superior skill with web-based technologies and demonstrated aptitude with information and communication technologies in general.
* Ability to communicate information and statistics in the most effective way possible.
* Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving ability, including the ability to evaluate, assess and problem-solve using logical, fact-based reasoning.
* Ability to work effectively with customers of all ages and backgrounds; experience working with users from a wide variety of cultural, economic, social and educational backgrounds is preferred.
* Knowledge of and ability to work with Edmonton's diverse communities; ability to consult with, respond to, and reflect communities served by the service point.
* Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and new service directions.
* Demonstrated superior interpersonal, communication, presentation and collaboration skills.
* Ability to contribute positively and work effectively within a team environment.

Who we are: The secret ingredient for making EPL a magical place is no secret
at all; in fact, it's very simple: We share. We share stories, ideas and
experiences. We share with our customers, our communities, and ourselves. We
are Edmonton's largest lender of all manner of information and entertainment.

Pay Band:

$33.92 - $43.29 per hour*

*Approximately $61,971 - 79,090 per annum based on a 35 hour work week.
Shift differential may apply in accordance with the terms and conditions of
the CSU 52 Collective Agreement.

To apply: For more information about this position and other jobs available at
the Edmonton Public Library, please visit epl.ca/jobs and apply
online. Only candidates who are selected for an interview
will be contacted.

Total Hours per Week: 35

Classification Title: Library 6

Posting Date: Feb 15, 2013

Closing Date: Mar 1, 2013

Number of Openings (up to): 1 - Permanent Full-time

Union: CSU 52

Department: Public Services Department (Edmonton Public Library)

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/6293/