Hi all,
During our last call we brainstormed a bit on the National Agenda for Digital Preservation. http://www.loc.gov/extranet/wiki/osi/ndiip/ndsa/index.php?title=CWG_Brainstorm
Cathy and I need some help to flesh out some of the items we discussed.

Cathy and I (plus two others from the coordinating committee) have been tasked with coming up with a list of Content Trends and we need to write up (about a paragraph each) about why these emerging content types, formats, or challenges are important. We're going to include:

*         Web archiving and social media - Cathy and I will draft

*         Electronic records - Jim Corriden will draft

*         Research Data - Tyler Waters will draft

*         Something about Big data - articulating what we mean by it, and challenges around it  (specifics TBD)

These items were from the CWG brainstorm and we'd like to explore further, but we need more information from the folks that brought them up. My notes were pretty rough so could use help to articulate thesebetter. If you suggested the idea or have thoughts, could you reply with a brief statement about the item:

*         Film preservation - Capture of and management of digital files produced from preservation quality digital preservation (uncompressed video)

*         Digital content stored on obsololete or deteriorating media (our interpretation of what was meant by  " Disc images - come off physical media images, optical media, magnetic storage media"  - is that accurate?)

*         file system - linear tape file system (transport between tape, into cloud)   (Bradley, did you bring this one up? Can you help with more details?)

This is just a first cut, we may add others and the final list for the National Agenda will be determined in March. So other ideas welcome!

Thanks
Abbie

Abbie Grotke | Web Archiving Team Lead | Office of Strategic Initiatives
National Digital Information Infrastructure and Preservation Program | Library of Congress
http://www.loc.gov/webarchiving/ | http://www.digitalpreservation.gov<http://www.digitalpreservation.gov/>
202-707-2833 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | @agrotke