Hello Colleagues!

Thanks so much for the overwhelming interest in initiat ing a regional Digital Preservation Practitioners Meeting. Below is the meeting announcement. We want to be clear that this is your group and we all have to mold it for our professional needs.

When: Wednesday April 24, 2013 at 6pm (Preservation Week)

Where: WSU School of Library and Information Science, 315 Kresge in the Purdy/Kresge Library
http://maps.wayne.edu/view/#purdy-kresge

What: Digital Preservation Practitioners Meeting - Everyone is invited whether student or professional. If you can get here from whatever geograp hic loc ation, you are welcome to participate.

The Plan: Tour of WSU SLIS Digital Media Projects Lab which is capable of many formats of digital migration and a DSpace Demo.
Followed by br ainstorming to prio ritiz e our biggest issues and what we want to explore as a group.

We are working on creating a list of those interested but until then we do have an initial blog http://digitalpreservationpractitioners.wordpress.com/ .

More soon,

Kim Schroeder
Lecturer and Career Advisor
Wayne State University

and

Lance Stuchell
Digital Preservation Librarian
Department of Preservation and Conservation
University Library, University of Michigan
phone: 734-615-2686
lstuch@umich .edu