We're planning on using badges for some upcoming teen content creation at
Denver Public Library, and are hoping to hook into Mozilla Open Badges.
We're a Drupal shop, and have been working on a module that hooks into the
User Badges module to connect with Mozilla:

http://drupal.org/sandbox/zeth/1931630

Zeth