Reminder! -- Deadline is Friday, March 8th!

The Five College Consortium is exploring a June program introducing Digital
Humanities to an audience of librarians and IT staff at our institutions.
 The Consortium in western Massachusetts includes Amherst College,
Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, and the University
of Massachusetts Amherst, four liberal arts colleges and one ARL.  We are
interested in identifying speakers who can discuss digital humanities
vision or digital humanities work in liberal arts settings targeted at
undergraduate teaching and research.  We are open to a variety of
interpretations on/definitions of the phrase “digital humanities”’ and its
intersection with other initiatives around teaching with technology in the
undergraduate curriculum.  We envision a panel followed by breakout
sessions during which we will ask our panelists to participate in small
group discussion.  Possible topics for discussion include:
--What does it mean to do work in this field in liberal arts colleges?
--How to help faculty navigate shifting technologies
--Mapping out new collaborative relationships (inside our institutions and
across the Five Colleges)
--Where should conversation around research/teaching/technology be
happening?
--Content mashups and the development of new kinds of “collections”
--The library's role in a supporting digital culture
--What professional skill sets are needed to support digital humanities
work?
--Infrastructure/services/copyright/IP

If you have interest in participating on our panel and in small group
discussion, we would like to hear from you!  Please submit a brief proposal
online at http://bit.ly/dhproposals by March 8th, describing your interest
in the areas outlined above and your interest in speaking to our audience.
 We are looking towards mid-June for the program itself and will confirm
dates with the identified speakers.  Please direct questions to:

Erin Stalberg,
Chair, Five Colleges Consortium Digital Environment Development and
Coordinating Committee (DEDCC)
Director of Discovery and Access
Library, Information, and Technology Services
Mount Holyoke College
413.538.2228

For further information on the Five College Consortium., please see:
https://www.fivecolleges.edu/