Can anyone recommend a tool for tracking licenses for software owned by the
library.  The (almost only) requirement is that it be easy to set up and
maintain including maintenance by nontechnical people, but then it
obviously has to be secure.  I want to keep some information about
purchases along with install codes and information about where to find
install files.

What I'm hoping for is any passingly popular content management system that
controls access to linked files, as well as to information stored in a
database.  I don't have any support from a main campus IT department to
track licenses for the library or set up something secure.  I'm almost
better going with spreadsheet and frequent emails, even though it's a
painful backwards way to keep records, but want to explore options.

-Wilhelmina Randtke