Hi all,

I wanted to put out a quick first update about the Code4Lib 2014 planning
by the TRLN Libraries (UNC Chapel Hill, Duke, NC State, NC Central).
 Because of the coordinated effort in organizing the initial logistics,
we've decided to work with CONCENTRA Conference Management Services (
http://www.concentra-cms.com/) to complete negotiations and manage the
registrations and finances.  By having CONCENTRA manage the logistics, the
conference planners can focus on fundraising sponsorships, and working the
content details of the conference.  I am working with the CONCENTRA staff
to finalize the site logistics between two very good venues so that we can
get the best price.  Once that is settled, I will announce the venue and
dates for everyone to mark on their calendars.

In the meantime, we've heard from a number of people wanting to volunteer
for planning the conference, and we want to help get that started.  Emily
Lynema from NC State has volunteer to organize volunteers.  We will get you
in a Code4Lib 2014 Google Group so we can communicate easily.  We want to
get started early, particularly around fundraising, and I will be sending
out more information and ideas on that shortly.

Those of us on the NC planning committee are honored that our proposal was
selected.  We look forward to hosting you all next spring.

Cheers,
Tim

--
Tim McGeary
Director of Library & Information Technology