Position Overview: We are seeking an intelligent, articulate, innovative and
curious technology professional to step up and manage Darien Library’s
cutting-edge infrastructure. This position is a unique opportunity to apply a
wide range of skills and expertise in an exciting environment that is
constantly changing and adapting to emerging trends. Darien Library
(http://www.darienlibrary.org/) is known world-wide as a technology innovator
within the library industry. We don't consider ourselves to be just a library
--we prefer to think of ourselves as a high-performing, forward-thinking
organization that happens to be a library, one that consistently sets trends
rather than follows them. We are ranked as one of the top 10 public libraries
in the country for its size, according to Hennen's American Public Library
Rating. Darien Library holds itself to the highest possible standard of
customer service and we pride ourselves on providing a fulfilling and
enriching experience to all who visit us either in person or on the web.
Watch: Darien Library: Are You Ready? (http://vimeo.com/62898390) If you feel
that you are ready to join the best library team in the world, we want to hear
from you, To apply, send your cover letter and resume to the address below.
Include in your cover letter a link to a video that you have recorded, no
longer than two minutes, that demonstrates how you are great and why you are
the right person for the position. We engage with our community daily, so we
are seeking evidence of your sustained engagement in social media. Please let
us know how to find you on twitter, Reddit, tumblr, GitHub, etc. Do you blog?
What’s the address? Please include anything else you would like to share.
Please send your cover letter and resume to [log in to unmask]
Position starts July 8, 2013. Duties: This position would be a 50/50 split
combination of system administrator and coder, reporting to the Assistant
Director. * 50% of responsibilities would include ongoing maintenance and
management of the Library's network and server infrastructure supervise tech
staff and coordinate with vendors: * Perform regularly scheduled operations,
such as backups, log analysis, software audits, and security checks. * Provide
Tier III or equivalent-level tech support to the organization. Investigate and
troubleshoot issues. * The development and maintenance of complete, in-depth
documentation of and procedures for the Library's technology configuration. *
Work with the assistant director on the development and tracking of the
library's technology budget. * 50% of responsibilities would involve active
software development: * Have experience working in a collaborative development
environment using version control best practices. * Would need to become
familiar with existing code-bases (SOPAC, Locum, Insurge, Databoard, etc) *
Work with other Darien Library staff and development team partners from other
libraries. * Take an active role in identifying areas for potential
improvement. * Be proactive about learning and applying knowledge of emerging
trends and technologies. * Develop and manage a departmental budget. * Other
duties as assigned. Skills: Mastery of: OS: Linux Windows/Server 2008/2012 Mac
OSX Software: VMWare vSphere/vCenter System Administration: Backup and
recovery Apache MySQL Windows Active Directory Exchange 2010 TCP/IP protocols
Protocol Fundamentals: DHCP, DNS, SMTP, SNTP, NTP, SMB, etc Other
Fundamentals: RAID, HA, Storage management, etc Development: MySQL PHP XHTML &
CSS Javascript Git & Github Proficiency in: Software Vmware View Adobe
Creative Suite Apple Final Cut Pro Microsoft Office Suite Drupal Development:
Python Node.js Familiar with: Integrated library systems or inventory control
systems Cisco VoIP software and equipment HP Procurve networking HP Proliant
and IBM SystemX server hardware Working knowledge of quality control systems
Emerging trends and technologies Social media engagement Raiser's Edge
software

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7350/