There are three reasons to stay at the conference hotel, even though it
might not be the cheapest option:

1) You can roll out of bed and into the session;

2) More opportunities for out of band discussions; and

3) There is very likely a hotel commit involved, meaning that the
organizers have committed to a certain number of rooms per night in order
to get free or discounted meeting rooms, hospitality rooms and other
services. Performance on room commits can be used as a bargaining chip for
future Code4LibCons.

Everyone knows that budget is always a big consideration, and not everyone
can or will stay at the conference hotel.

Cary

--
Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company