From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Jon P. Stroop
Sent: Monday, July 29, 2013 3:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Python and Ruby

s/ruby/any_language/

Why not learn both? As with spoken languages, knowing more than one makes
it easier for you to think at a higher level of abstraction and therefore
a better developer, and, as others have alluded to, will allow you to
choose the 'right tool [framework, library, etc] for the right job'.

Plus, as Giarlo said, they're not really that different.