On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Debra Shapiro <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I wonder if there's not more going on because many libraries, archives &
> museums feel that the images posted to Flickr are sort of "just for fun"
> and the real thing is at the institution?

Political factors could be at play. Many ways of making images more
discoverable and usable don't advance local institutional goals with
branding and demonstrating benefit for those who pay our bills. This is
sometimes counterproductive, however well intentioned the goals are. But
it's still something we have to work with.