From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Shaun Ellis
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2013 9:54 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] StackExchange reboot?

I like the idea of vote to promote as well as having a searchable archive of answers on the web.  For me it comes down to it being "out of sight, out of mind".  It has to come to my "inbox" for me to pay attention, which is one of the nice features of the "Code4Lib Jobs"
app.  In that vein, StackExchange has an API, which could be used to simply forward a daily digest of questions to the mailing list.  If all we need is an increase in traffic to establish the forum, that might do it.

Questions could be tagged with "code4lib" to make them easy to aggregate.  For example, we can get all the "php" tagged questions posted in the past day:

http://api.stackexchange.com/2.1/questions?fromdate=1373155200&todate=1373241600&order=desc&sort=activity&tagged=php&site=stackoverflow

-Shaun