https://jobs-oclc.icims.com/jobs/2303/data-architect/job?hub=6

Overview
Discover.  Innovative.  Collaborate.  Inform. A few words we use to
describe a career at OCLC.

OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in
Dublin, Ohio, is a leader in information technologies and innovative
online services. With office locations around the globe, OCLC
employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to
help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our
information-driven society.

The Data Architecture Group and Data Service engineering team are
challenged with identifying, designing and developing products and
services that will advance our information retrieval offerings to web
scale.  Through our innovative systems using the latest technology, we
are leaders in our industry at delivering creative solutions to help
our members and partners with their missions.

We are looking for a software architect with a solid track record of
data design and agile programming.  You will be challenged to design
and develop large-scale, highly peformant applications and services
leveraging a wide variety of open source and commercial technologies.

If you are a talented developer and architect who seeks
responsibility, thrives when empowered, and understands the importance
of personal accountability, then we would like to talk with you.  As a
member of the architecture and engineering teams, you have the
opportunity to directly impact the continued success of the
organization.  OCLC has long history of helping the information
retrieval industry, it is a place where you are proud to work and
where you are motivated to produce the best results possible.

Responsibilities
Design and model data solutions to satisfy application (business and
technical) requirements
Be able to design and collaborate on Conceptual, Logical and Physical
data models at an enterprise scale
Meet with business stakeholders and other technical team members to
gather and analyze application requirements
Design, develop and implement applications from prototype through to
implementation
Design and develop integration strategies for open, and commercial technologies

Qualifications
Desired Skills & Experience

Strong desire to innovate and develop new technology
Expert knowledge large scale data modeling and programming
Expert knowledge of web protocols, applications and containers
Experience with database platforms with a strong understanding of
NoSQL and “Big Data
Working knowledge of Java, Groovy and/or Python a plus
5+ years professional programming experience
Strong analytical skills and data structures/algorithms fundamentals
Working knowledge of process orchestration frameworks and map/reduce
A self-starter with a positive attitude and willingness to drive
projects to completion in a fast moving environment

 ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS (would be a plus):
Industry experience – hosting, cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), networking
Strong knowledge of Linux systems
Experience in messaging systems
Experience in scripting

EDUCATION:
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, and/or demonstrated
industry experience on similar successful projects