Whoohoo, late to the party!

I like Python because I learned it first, and I haven't had a need to
explore Ruby yet.

I did briefly foray into learning Ruby in order to try to learn Rails, and
I actually found that my background in Python sort of gave me brain-jam for
learning Ruby, because the languages were so close together, but just
different in some ways. So my mind would be 'oh, so it's just <insert
Python idiom here> but then, it's not. If I tackle Ruby again, I will
definitely try to 'empty my cup' first.

-K

--
http://www.blar.net/kurt/blog/