Please excuse any cross-posting

**********************
The Chronicles in Preservation project (http://metaarchive.org/neh) is proud to announce the release of the online review edition of the Guidelines for Digital Newspaper Preservation Readiness. This is the first major deliverable coming forth from this three-year project (2011-2014) funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) to research and document a series of preservation readiness steps for digital newspaper curators.

http://publishing.educopia.org/chronicles/

About the Guidelines
The Guidelines for Digital Newspaper Preservation Readiness seek to address digital preservation standards and digital newspaper technical guidelines/practices across a spectrum of readiness options. The Guidelines are geared toward improving preservation readiness for both digitized and born-digital newspaper content. We hope they will be helpful for a wide range of stakeholder institutions (including commercial news publishers), particularly traditional memory stewards such as libraries, archives, and historical societies.

How to Review
Interested digital preservation practitioners and experts/curators working in the area of managing and preserving digital news and newspapers are encouraged to review and supply online comments at their leisure between July 22-September 20, 2013. Review comments can be provided via the CommentPress form in the right sidebar (name and email address are required). Each page can be individually printed or saved as a PDF for offline reading (ctrl+ or cmd+ P, Save as PDF).

As the Introduction to the Guidelines states:

We need content curators to help us understand what we’ve missed (we know there are gaps!) and what we’ve nailed. We want to know where you need more guidance and where you need less description. We want you to point us towards other resources in the field we may have missed, and above all, we want you to engage with us and with each other to make the final Guidelines as useful as they can possibly be.

Chronicles in Preservation Partners
The Chronicles in Preservation project is being led by the Educopia Institute (host for the MetaArchive Cooperative), along with the San Diego Supercomputer Center and the libraries of University of North Texas, Penn State, Virginia Tech, University of Utah, Georgia Tech, Boston College, and Clemson University.

Thank you,

--
Matt Schultz
Program Manager