Call for Participation

We invite you to join a collaborative effort to identify design patterns
for Linked Data in Libraries, Archives, and Museums (LODLAM). A LODLAM
design pattern identifies common problems, solutions, and examples found in
current LAM metadata standards and emerging Linked Data approaches.

Participants in this study are invited to use the LODLAM Proto-Patterns
wiki (http://lodlampatterns.org/protopattern) as platform for identifying
potential problems, solutions, and contexts. In the wiki these patterns can
be edited, refined, classified, and further developed over time.

The results of this study will be used to understand what patterns exist in
our current environment and what patterns are desirable as we move towards
Linked Data approaches. In other disciplines, design patterns have proven
to be useful for broadening the debate about technical standards and as
instructional tools.  Your participation in this study will guide the
development of a representation pattern library (http://lodlampatterns.org)
that can be useful to Linked Data users, developers, students, and metadata
creation professionals.

Richard J. Urban, Assistant Professor
College of Communication and Information
School of Library and Information Studies
Florida State University
Florida's iSchool
@musebrarian