I am delighted to have been asked to give the opening keynote address to
the upcoming Access Conference 2013 in St. John's, Newfoundland. Since this
is the 20th anniversary of the conference, I've been asked to speak with
that in mind. My title is "What a Long Strange Trip It's Been" and I aim to
look back at the last 20 years both in terms of the history of the
conference itself as well as technology.

Although I have a personal history in relation to the conference, I have
gaps in my knowledge that I'm hoping some of you can fill. I'm familiar
with the Google Doc that Peter Binkley and others have pulled together to
try to document the history of the conference, but I could also use help
with the following:

* Pictures, particularly from the early days when we had funny haircuts
* Personal anecdotes, particularly from the early days when we didn't
realize we had funny haircuts
* Thoughts about where we were back then and where we are now

Thanks in advance. I'm hoping to keep a certain piece of now legendary and
yet seldom seen piece of clothing out of this presentation, but who knows
what might happen. Please email these directly to me so it can be a
surprise next month.
Roy