I can see where you might think that "no progress has been made" because
the only real document of the format is that old, old blog post.

The problem, however, is not a lack of progress but a lack of documentation
of that progress. File_MARC (PHP), MARC::Record (perl), ruby-marc (ruby)
and marc4j (java) will all deal, to one extent or another, either with the
JSON directly or with a hash/map data structure that maps directly to that
JSON structure.

[BTW, can anyone summarize the state of pymarc wrt marc-in-json?]

--
Bill Dueber
Library Systems Programmer