Hello everyone,

I am working on structuring my library's institutional repository and was
having a discussion as to the best way to structure it.  We are using
DSpace and originally I was thinking to make communities for each school in
the University, but there was a concern brought up if we were to host other
school's collections as well, which would make more sense to create them as
sub-communities.  I wanted to ask if there were libraries out there that
actually this, host other schools materials in their repository as well as
their own?  There was also concern about being able to link into shared
repository networks depending on how we structured it.  Both of these seem
like odd concerns to me, but I am pretty new to working with institutional
repositories, I am more familiar with digital collections.  So if anyone
can give me insight on how to respond, how shared repositories work, or
links to standards that I can show it would be much appreciated.  Thanks
for your time.

Matt Sherman
Digital Content Librarian
University of Bridgeport