I don't know of any best practices *yet* but for various reasons it
seems to me that a network of mirrors that push updates out would be a
good thing. Even not considering major government disfunctionality,
there are fires and floods and earthquakes and ... etc. It's never
sufficient to rely on one copy.[1]

Although I'm glad the torrent is there, the API functionality is
probably the most used.

kc
[1] cf. University of California keeps two physical storage sites for
last(2) copies of books - one in the North, one in the South - both
prone to earthquakes, but very very unlikely at the same time because
they are on different major fault lines, and about 400 miles apart.

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net