Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anybody knew if there was some secret attribute combination to successfully do a "or"-ed ISBN or ISSN query against a SirsiDynix Z39.50 server.  I've tried it against quite a few different implementations, but they all fail.

From yaz-client, it goes something like this:

Z> f @or @attr 1=7 9780413690609 @attr 1=7 0413690601
Sent searchRequest.
Received SearchResponse.
Search was a bloomin' failure.
Number of hits: 0, setno 1
Result Set Status: none
records returned: 1
Diagnostic message(s) from database:
    [100] Unspecified error -- v3 addinfo 'Unable to navigate!'
Elapsed: 0.421485

All of the ones I've tried fail with that same error.

If I search on the ISBNs individually, e.g.:

Z> f @attr 1=7 9780413690609
Sent searchRequest.
Received SearchResponse.
Search was a success.
Number of hits: 1, setno 2
records returned: 0
Elapsed: 0.606146

it works fine.

If you are able to successfully do or'ed ISBN or ISSN queries can you pass along all of the use attributes that are being sent?

Thanks,
-Ross.