Hi,

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 12:11:14PM -0700, Michael J. Giarlo wrote:
> For the ignorant and curious, such as myself, one wonders how much of
> pymarc this duplicates.  Does it add new functionality?  Should it
> integrate with pymarc, which already seems to be widely implemented?

I really don't know about PyMarc. I wrote MARC::MIR when i was pissed
off by the buggy, unmaintainable, bloated and slow perl modules.

I wanted to make things:
* more maintainable
* faster
* lighter
* easier to use (Perl OO APIs are just hell!)
  so i wrote very simple
* data fault tolerant
* as acmeic as possible
  (as an array of array, it's easy to serialize... for example:
  yaml, json, msgpack are supported without a single line of code and
  it's possible to python < iso2709 | perl | ruby )
* as configurable as possible

My inspiration is PSGI (the WSGI of Perl): MIR is just an in memory array of
arrays ... that's it and that will stay as it. however it's simple
enought to be extendable with no interaction with the core lib (as
middlewares of the PSGI world).

regards

--
Marc Chantreux
Université de Strasbourg, Direction Informatique