Here at Cornell, we have a usability group of about 15 people that includes librarians, developers, designers, and other staff. We serve as a centralized resource for usability testing for new or returning websites and other development projects. A few of the members have 10% of their time formally allocated to usability work, while the rest treat it as regular committee work. For many of our new projects, the developers and designers involved also serve in the usability group; since there's so much overlap, we're able to ensure that usability testing is kept a significant component of the development process. I think it's been a successful approach, and the team has done a lot of good work over the last few years.

-- Matt

--------
Matt Connolly
Software Developer, DLIT