No, because not every site yet supports HTTPS and there is no time in the
future I see such a thing happening because of the high price of SSL/TLS
Certs, my website doesn't have a signed HTTPS cert because I don't have
$150 to spend on it (unless someone wants to pony up, in which case I would
dig it), similar to the discussion of CODE4LIB.ORG (which has yet to be
resolved) moving to HTTPS. In short there are many more websites on HTTP
then there are on HTTPS (and we are talking millions more)  and until the
Administrative cost goes away (not for a long time!) not everyone will be
able to move to HTTPS and to ensure interoperablity we can't make https the
default!

*Riley Childs*
*Library Technology Manager at Charlotte United Christian Academy
<http://cucawarriors.com/>*
*Head Programmer/Manager at Open Library Management Projec
<http://openlibman.sf.net/>t <http://openlibman.sourceforge.net/>*
*Cisco Certified Entry Level Technician *

*Phone: +1 (704) 497-2086*
*email: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*
*email: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*
*Twitter: @RowdyChildren <http://twitter.com/rowdychildren>*