From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Karen Coyle
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 3:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Code4lib 2014 Diversity Scholarships: Call for
Applications

On 11/25/13 12:17 PM, Matthew Sherman wrote:
> I am going to reiterate my push to turn this conversation to a
> discussion for funding options for everyone who wants to attend
> Code4Lib 2014.  I think that will be a much better use of our time.

Agreed. Someone mentioned state scholarships that many of us didn't know
about. I think a page on the c4l wiki for scholarship opportunities could be
a win. People could add any that they hear about.

And I wince a bit at mentioning this, but with actual non-profit status, c4l
might be more able to solicit donations. Or perhaps the group could find a
non-profit partner that could help out in that regard?

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net