At my institution, the library's web presence predates the university as a
whole's presence. We currently share a server with the main university site
but have control over all our content and can make updates without having
to go through public relations (thank goodness). Our site is linked from
the main university site in at least two places (along the bottom of the
main page and within a drop down menu). When eCollege was our LMS, we were
also linked from courses by default but it appears that is no longer the
case in Sakai, which I suspect was an oversight and not a conscious
decision.

It strikes me as really strange to have the library that hidden - wouldn't
the institution want prospective students, faculty, and administrators to
be able to see the resources available? What are peer institutions doing?

Ellen

Ellen Knowlton Wilson
Instructional Services Librarian
Room 250, Marx Library