Well, that would be much easier, but most of what I am working with are records for physical items (DVD, VHS, film) or licensed streaming video. The sample records are also not all UO records so I don't necessarily even have access to the source material (our goal is to build a general purpose tool). So I think I am stuck with extracting from MARC.

We should be able to get data for some resources by matching the MARC up with external data sources. That won't work for everything, though, so we want to make the process of extracting data from MARC as effective as possible.

Kelley