Hi,

I am a complete newbie to Perl (and to Code4Lib) and am trying to set up a harvester to get complete metadata records from oai-pmh repositories. My current approach is to use things already built as much as possible - specifically the Net::Oai::Harvester (http://search.cpan.org/~esummers/OAI-Harvester-1.0/lib/Net/OAI/Harvester.pm). The code I'm using is located in the synopsis and specific parts of it seem to work with some samples I've tried. For example, if I submit a request for a list of sets to the oai url for arXiv.org (http://arXiv.org/oai2) I get the correct list.

The error I run into reads "can't call listRecords() on an undefined value in *filename* line *#*". listRecords() seems to have been an issue in past iterations but I'm not sure how to get around it.

At the moment it looks like this:
 ## list all the records in a repository
     my $list = $harvester->listRecords(
		metadataPrefix = 'oai_dc'
	 );

Any help (or Perl resources) would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Eka
MLIS Candidate, UBC iSchool