Back in October, Sean Hannan (@MrDys), Dan Scott (@denials), John Fink (@adr), and me (@gollydamn) talked about this on twitter and I'll see if I can track down the whole conversation. I'm not sure there's a de facto this-is-how-it-must-be-done, at least not yet, and there are definitely more correct examples than mine. In fact, mine's a little half-assed and less informed than what these other three could [or have] spun up. Sorry if the markup looks a little jacked courtesy of email formatting. Here's what your hours might look like for just Monday through Wednesday, assuming the actual hours are generated by a script (i.e., Matt Reidsma's Hours Script [https://github.com/mreidsma/Today-s-Hours]):

<aside itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/LocalBusiness">

  <time itemprop="openingHoursSpecification" datetime="Mo 07:30-23:00, Tu 11:00-22:00, We 09:00-14:00">

  <ul>
    <li itemprop="DayOfWeek">Monday: </li>
    <li itemprop="DayOfWeek">Tuesday: </li>
    <li itemprop="DayOfWeek">Wednesday: </li>
  </ul>
</time>

</aside>

Here is the OpeningHoursSpecification: http://schema.org/OpeningHoursSpecification
Here's some info about the time element: http://html5doctor.com/the-time-element/
Here is an example on CodePen: http://codepen.io/michaelschofield/pen/jDrBb *
This example, however, was more about pulling hours from a json file than having solid microdata, but it's a start : ).

I'm definitely interested in revisiting this topic.  Good question!

Michael
// Writing about the #libweb right hurr: www.ns4lib.com