Is this for a one-shot project, or will it be ongoing?  For a medium- to
long-term initiative, I would suggest a subscription service like
Archive-It; for a one-time effort, it would make more sense to use
open-source tools like wget to generate a local copy + WARC.  If it's the
latter, I'll be happy to take a look at the page and walk you through the
process.

I'm not really aware of a set of best practices, beyond the usual tenets of
digital preservation (show your work, maintain authenticity, do minimal
harm, document, document, document, etc).  The model I've used in the past
is generating a WARC alongside the access copy (using wget's WARC output),
using that as the preservation master+technical metadata, and hosting the
access copy on a front-facing machine.

--Alex