The issue here that I see is that D2RQ will expose the MySQL database
structure as linked data in some sort of indecipherable ontology and the
end result is probably useless. What Mark alludes to here is that the
developers of ArchivesSpace could write scripts, inherent to the platform,
that could output linked data that conforms to existing or emerging
standards. This is much simpler than introducing D2RQ into the application
layer, and allows for greater control of the export models. As a developer
of different, potentially competing, software applications for EAD and
EAC-CPF publication, who is to say that ArchivesSpace database field names
should be "standards" or "best practices?" These are things that should be
determined by the archival community, not a software application.

CIDOC-CRM is capable of representing the structure and relationships
between components of an archival collection. I'm not a huge advocate of
the CRM because I think it has a tendency to be inordinately complex, but
*it* is a standard. Therefore, if the archival community decided that it
would adopt CRM as its RDF data model standard, ArchivesSpace, ICA-AtoM,
EADitor, and other archival management/description systems could adapt to
the needs of the community and offer content in these models.

Ethan