Research Assistant
University of Toronto
Toronto

Semaphore is hiring research assistants for our projects on the socio-
technical dimensions of 3D printing, including environmental questions, issues
related to standardization/customization, and general socio-cultural concerns.

If you are an undergraduate or graduate student who registered in at least 40%
of a full course load in 2013 or plan to register for 2014, then you are
eligible to apply. All student applications will be considered, but priority
will be given to MI/MMST students registered at the Faculty of Information,
University of Toronto.

Our ideal candidate has a high level of general technical competency,
possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and is able to work
independently as well as in a team.

Duties:

• Carrying out 3D design tasks

• Operating 3D printers

• Writing technical documentation

• Transcription of video and audio data

Other or more specific tasks can be prioritized for the applicant's interest
and strengths.

Qualifications:

Requirements:

• A high level of general technical competency

• Availability during standard office hours at least 3 days a week

• Coding ability (C#, python, etc.) and experience with 3D design encouraged
but not required

• Willingness to learn

Additional information :

Contract dates: Monday 5 May 2014 - Friday 29 August 2014

Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/14048/