Hi Laura,

Here are some reasons I may have overheard.

Stuck halfway: "We have an OAI-PMH endpoint, so we're open, right?"

Lack of funding for sorting out our own rights: "We gathered metadata from
various sources and integrated the result - we even call ourselves Open
L*****y - but we [don't have manpower to figure out what we can do with
it, so we added a disclaimer]."

Cultural: "We're not sure how to prevent losing the records' provenance
after we released our metadata."

Groeten van Ben