________________________________
From: Kyle Banerjee<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Sent: ‎5/‎8/‎2014 12:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Aside the issue that giving specific individuals or bots preferential
treatment reverses progress made towards greater equality, I would be
concerned about the quality of participation by anyone who needs an
invitation to join.

Besides, it sends a message to other bots that didn't get an invitation
even though they lurk  here (such as googlebot) that they are less
important...