My advise is to get the broadest possible liberal arts education you can as
an undergrad. I went through some big changes in my sophomore year that set
me on a mission to seek that path at the University of Michigan, a huge
school which, at least in in that era, seemed to be focused on prepping
undergrads for their grad school paths. The path I chose was not easy, and
the school was little help, although a lot of my profs were very helpful in
guiding me.

Really, even a surgeon can benefit from Russian lit, a poet can
occasionally draw on organic chemistry, and an attorney can build a case
for differential equations. Librarians, of course, need to know everything.

Cary

--
Cary Gordon
The Cherry Hill Company