The following announcement describes a LODLAM (linked open data in libraries archives and museums) training day taking place at a Semantic Web conference during August and located in San Jose (California). Linked open data is apropos to our communities, and I’m spreading the word. (I guess I ought to break down and make my reservations.) —Eric Morgan

  We’re excited to announce that registration is now open for LODLAM
  Training Day 2014 at the 10th Annual Semantic Technology & Business
  Conference (SemTechBiz), August 19, 2014 in San Jose, California.  We
  have an amazing lineup of hands on training sessions with LODLAM
  practitioners from around the world.  Thanks to the generosity of our
  friends at SemTechBiz, the all-day workshop series is available at the
  ridic price of $75, and you can even upgrade to attend the whole
  conference--at half off!

  Registration is limited and will be first come first serve.  Please
  spread the word--all are welcome and both morning and afternoon streams
  are aimed at all levels of users, and even if you come in knowing
  nothing about LODLAM, you'll walk away with ways to get started using
  open source tools. If you already have experience, you'll have an
  opportunity to hone your skills and work with other practitioners.

  Register here: http://semtechbizsj2014.semanticweb.com/LODLAM

  Special thanks to everyone who stepped up to lead sessions and help
  organize, and especially to Eric Franzon at SemTechBiz for making this
  possible!  And feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions.

  Agenda

    Publishing, Sharing, and Opening

      * 8:30-9:30 Sylvia Southwick and Cory Lampert, UNLV,  Librarians'
        adventure into LODLAM

      * 9:30-10:20 Eric Lease Morgan, Notre Dame, Publishing LOD with a
        bent toward archivists

      * 10:30-11:20 Rob Sanderson, Stanford, International Image
        Interoperability Framework and JSON-LD

      * 11:30-12:00 Richard Wallis, OCLC, Worldcat, Works, and
        Schema.org

      * 12:00-1:30 - LUNCH on your own, birds of a feather networking
        topics will be posted

    Discovery, Visualization, and Reuse

      * 1:30-2:30 Eetu Mäkelä, Aalto University School of Science, What
        to do with Linked Data?

      * 2:40-3:30 Ethan Gruber, American Numismatic Society, 0 to 60 on
        SPARQL queries in 50 minutes

      * 3:40-4:40 Jarek Wlkiewicz & Shawn Simister, Google, Making
        Freebase Mashups

      * 4:50-5:30 Duane Degler & Neal Johnson, Design for Context, Now
        What? Creating Innovative LODLAM Sites & Apps

  --
  Jon Voss <[log in to unmask]>
  Historypin Strategic Partnerships Director